Podcasters are always looking for ways to monetize their podcasts. For a lot of people, this traditionally means finding a sponsor and inserting awkward ad breaks into their podcasts. But there are many ways you can monetize on your own terms, without a sponsor. One great way to do this is by creating a course that can turn into passive income for you for years to come.
In this episode, Travis chats with Molly Ruland, a course-creation expert, who shares:
- How to monetize your podcast with a course: She breaks down how to reverse-engineer a course that supports your goals, how to find out what people want to know, and how to hook people into joining.
- Her favorite podcasting tools: These include some life-changing book recommendations and using handy websites like Trello and Learndash to create a course portal.
- Common mistakes she sees people make when creating their first course: It’s important to find a balance of doing your due diligence to create a course that your audience will actually want to take, but not getting paralyzed by perfectionism.
- "Monetizing through your own course is similar to investing in your audience as opposed to creating your business off the back of another business"
- “You have specific knowledge that people ask you about all the time. Why not turn that into something that can make you money?”
- “Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good”
Links to resources:
Go to to schedule a call with guest Molly Ruland who can help you build a course for your podcast.
Go to to join the Podcast Builder Club!
Go to to give your interviews a unique twist!