You all already know I am generally anti-guru, but I’m sitting down today with Your Podcast Coach Michael Sharkey, who is truly one of the good ones out there. He’s all about helping you become a better creator - so are you ready to take some next steps for your podcast?
In this episode, Travis and Michael discuss:
- Michael’s background in radio and why he made the jump to podcasting.
- What makes podcasting such a powerful medium.
- The importance of your origin story and which pivotal moments have shaped you.
- How every story has a hero and a guide, and when crafting your podcast, it’s best to let the audience be the hero and you be their guide.
- The importance of taking time to recognize and feed your passions.
- The value of vulnerability and authenticity to inspire your audience to connect with you.
- Why you should share stories of your struggles and failures with your audience.
- How you can encourage podcast guests to be vulnerable during interviews.
Links to Resources
To find out more about Michael:
Listen to Michael’s
Download your free Podcast Roadmap from Michael
Join my Facebook community the .
If this episode was of value to you, please rate and review or send me a DM on to let me know what you thought!
DISCLAIMER: Some of the links in my emails are affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you click them and make a qualifying purchase, at no extra cost to you :)
*I hereby solemnly swear to only promote products and services I actually love and use in my podcast, business, and everyday life!