We all worry about what people will think of us. And as creators putting content and art into the world, that worry can hold us back from creating fearlessly. If you’re too afraid to put your heart and soul into your work, you will miss out on creating your best work. So stop giving a fudge about what other people think! Listen for strategies to unlock the superpower of not GAF!
In this episode, Travis talks about:
- How we all crave approval but that can trap us into wanting to stay in warm, fuzzy safety instead of taking risks. This makes it impossible to grow!
- Why you need to stop being afraid of failure. You will learn the MOST from making mistakes.
- Why there’s no perfect time to do anything in life, so you need to stop waiting around.
- Why you need to create with reckless abandon.
- Why you have to stand behind what you do, align it with your values, and then not care what other people think. It’s impossible to please everyone, so don’t try to.
- How to be like a horse! Run your own race with blinders in - you can’t ever worry about other people’s journey. Comparison is the thief of joy.
- Feedback is great, but you should only worry about valuable feedback from the right people, not from haters or people with different goals than you.
- Why you’ll get more feedback from people who are doing less than you.
“I am giving you permission to create with reckless abandon...perfection is boring; it’s sterile and it’s unattainable.”
“We don’t make rules for exceptions.”
“What people think of you is none of your business.”
Links to Resources
If this episode was of value to you, please rate and review!
Get trainings to help you become the best version of you in the !
Follow me on Instagram for daily tips to level up your show!
DISCLAIMER: Some of the links in my emails are affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission if you click them and make a qualifying purchase, at no extra cost to you :)