One of the tricky parts of podcasting is finding the right guest to bring onto your show. Booking Agents have been a great way to do this, but they’re often too expensive for most podcasters to afford. Today’s guest, podcaster Alex Sanfilippo, saw this problem happening for many podcasters and came up with a solution to help connect people more easily. His service Podmatch uses AI to match you with your best interview guests!
In this episode, Alex and Travis talk about:
- How Podmatch works for you to give you painless interview matching and additionally helps to build community amongst podcasters through resources and events.
- How to step away from a competitive mindset and embrace the power of connection, especially through networking.
- Awesome book recommendations (see resource links below!).
- The best ways to pitch potential guests and mistakes people often make when trying to get a guest.
- Podcast interview etiquette, such as setting expectations and how to make your guests comfortable on your show.
“Podmatch is an AI-driven program. It’s going to match you to your most ideal guest or most ideal host. It takes all of the guesswork out of it.”
“Alone we can do so little, but together we can do so much” -Helen Keller
Links to Resources
Connect with Alex:
Once you’ve booked the guest of your dreams, download the PodDecks mobile app ( and ) for great interview questions.