Episode 27 · 1 month ago
How to Manage Content Creator Anxiety Feat. Sherianna Boyle
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Overwhelm and anxiety are very common, especially among creative people. If you’re finding yourself up against a lot of negative feelings, it’s important to learn how to get out of that negative space so you can be the best version of your creative self.
In this episode, Travis chats with Sherianna Boyle, a podcaster, radio personality, and author, who specializes in processing emotions related to anxiety. Travis and Sherianna discuss:
- How to identify Anxiety: Telling the difference between anxiety and stress.
- Ways to resolve Anxiety: Emotions come along with anxiety and it’s important to create space to process those emotions.
- The Seven Steps to Emotional Detox: Sherianna discusses the process that is the premise for her books and how you can apply it.
- The science behind this method: There have been studies that have found real benefit to a lot of the processes discussed, such as meditation and using vibrations.
- How Anxiety impacts behavior: Anxiety can negatively impact social interactions.
- Reactivity: A different way to think about anxiety and how we tend to manage it in less-than-healthy ways.
- “Your emotions matter. Processing them matters more.”
- “That top layer is just what your brain and your nervous system are exposing...you have to get that shovel and dig into the dirt a little deeper to see what’s underneath that feeling.”
- “Reactivity is [...] how we make the uncomfortable comfortable.”
- “If it’s not love, it’s probably a reaction.”
- “If you’re spending all this energy worrying and doubting [...] you’re not opening up your brilliance to creativity”
Links to Resources:
In-Stream Audio SearchNEW
Search across all episodes within this podcast
Episode 7 · 5 months ago
Congratulations—you’ve started your own podcast! But now who’s going to listen to it? Rather than spend a lot of energy worrying about advertising or marketing, check out how to grow your audience using the power of mindset, connections, and community!
In this episode, Travis shares 3 strategies…
- 1: Shift your mindset: Podcasting is a marathon, not a sprint
- 2: Connect with more audiences: Be a guest on other podcasts
- 3: Create a Community: Build a space for an inclusive team to share ideas together
- “Your audience wants you around for the long haul. They want more than just a quick hit.”
- “Because we have a marathon mindset, it only takes one person a day, one person a week, to slowly compound your group.”
Links to resources:
Episode 6 · 6 months ago
Putting your podcast on YouTube can sound daunting but in reality it’s easier than you think. If you want more people to find your show and connect with your content, Travis explains 3 reasons why YouTube is the perfect place for your podcast and how to make the most of the recording equipment you don’t even know you have!
In this episode, Travis shares…
- Why video is more powerful than just a static image with audio
- 3 Reasons to put your podcast on YouTube: Searchability, visual representations, “NonPodcast People”
- How to use YouTube’s predictive search for episode ideas
- Suggestions for how to record videos for your podcast
- “If they’re not on an app, they’re not going to be able to find you if that’s the only place you are.”
- “Part of podcasting and growing your audience is creating your own community.”
Links to resources:
Episode 5 · 6 months ago
#SPONSORSHIPS Want to see a LOSING strategy for getting sponsors?
I get 50 messages a day asking for sponsorships. Don't get me wrong, I WANT to sponsor podcasters. In fact, I will sponsor anyone who buys and uses Pod Decks (poddecks.com/poweredbypoddecks).
The picture below shows what this gentlemen (and most podcasters) send me. Please don't send anyone a message that looks like this.
There are 3 simple components that companies want in their ambassadors:
- Actual users/raving fans - How can you really share how cool the product is if you don't use it?
- Metrics - Can be as simple as 467 downloads per episode.
- Information about your audience - ex Our listeners are 20-44 Men who collect baseball hats.
Here's what he could have written to even get a response:
"Hello __________ (name is important, you did 8 seconds of research),
(RAVE + METRICS) I just wanted to let you know Pod Decks are crazy awesome, I had so much fun using them on my last episode. We usually get 467 downloads per episode but this week we hit 600! Just wanted to let you know they totally work and I want to share your message with everyone I know!
(AUDIENCE + ACTUAL USER) We're growing our audience really good and the next step in the process for us is trying to get sponsorships from products we love and use. Our audience is 20-44 year old men who collect baseball cards and we think that they would love Pod Decks.
(GOOD ASK) Do you currently run a sponsorship program? We'd love to put an ad or live in the beginning of each episode. We'd send you the download numbers for each episode it ran in if you like to see numbers too.
(RAVE) If not, still love your product. Maybe you have an affiliate program we could join? If so, send me a link to sign up because again, we love using Pod Decks.
Baseball Hat Podcast
OK, so not only would I have responded, but he gave me a couple options of programs to get him into. He didn't just ask for FREE product (telling me how easy it is) or "Financial Contribution".
He gave me a reason or several to WANT to work with him.
I hope this helps. I know sponsorship is important to podcasters but I don't want my #POSSE members missing out on opportunities because of piss poor messages like this one.
Episode 4 · 6 months ago
If you're having trouble getting your guests to share your podcast I'll give you three easy ways to get them to share almost every time. Get your question answered! https://www.speakpipe.com/podcasttherapy You'll learn: 🙏 Why writing a thank you note will set you apart from 99.9% of other podcasters 😊How to make it stupid simple by providing pre-made content 🤐My super secret algorithm hacking trick Did you quit podcasting? Get my famous Pod Decks Episode Deck for FREE at free.poddecks.com - 50 unique episode starting prompts in the palm of your hand! These prompts will get you podcasting again in no time!