Episode · 3 weeks ago
How to Re-Launch Your Podcast with a New Name
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Change can be scary but sometimes it’s necessary to shift your approach to get the engagement you want. If you’re wondering if your podcast needs a new name or rebranding, learn how to leverage audience feedback and pump up your listeners for your show’s exciting new path! In this episode, Travis shares…
- Reasons to consider renaming your podcast
- How to be transparent with your audience about your rebranding process
- The power of sharing your excitement about change with your audience
- Suggestions for incorporating trending topics in your show
- The value in sharing your vulnerability and your authenticity
- Tools for simplifying the rebranding process and advice for engaging your audience
- “The idea here is more people will find you with this new name...you just have to share your excitement about it and get your audience excited about it.”
- “What most audiences want that they never get is a peak behind the curtain.”
- “People want to not only empathize with you but align with you...people want to go along with you.”
- “Don’t ever settle for good enough—be stoked about it!”
Links to resources:
In-Stream Audio SearchNEW
Search across all episodes within this podcast
Episode 20 · 1 month ago
Did you get all worked up about promoting your latest episode?
This episode is all about building a library of content for your future listeners to binge on.
Netflix isn't always focused on what's new. They have amassed a library of content for you to enjoy. Podcasters should be more focused on building their library than getting the latest episode promoted to death.
Are you only focused on the latest episode?
Can you shift your mindset to building a library for your audience to binge?
Create, release, and add the library of episodes. It's that easy.
Don't stress over the latest release. Focus on getting the right listener into your world and into your own library of content!
Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/poddecks to join the Podcast Posse!
Give your interviews a unique twist with Pod Decks
Try out the new Pod Decks App on iOS!
Episode 19 · 1 month ago
Ready to take your podcast to the next level? Listen in as Travis shares valuable strategies to leverage Facebook groups, Live videos, and your network to increase your audience and your income!
In this episode, Travis shares…
- The importance of knowing your ideal audience number and ideal audience avatar
- Advice for what not to do when creating an online course
- Why you should pick one social media platform for Live videos
- Different ways to amp up your value and multiply your audience using Facebook Groups
- The power of asking your audience to share your podcast
- Strategy for repurposing clips of Live videos to grow your audience and build content
- Options to turn your free podcast into an income stream by tapping into your network
- “Don’t ever make a course until you’ve got people that say that’s something I want.”
- “Typically, word of mouth is the number one way we find out about podcasts.”
- “You should be able to find 3 little ear nuggets out of every Live you do. Clip them out and put them out on your favorite platforms.”
- “The reciprocity is important because it’s going to inspire you and help you continue to do something you love.”
Links to resources:
Episode 18 · 1 month ago
I hate when I get labeled an expert. Expert or Guru seems like the end of the line. Someone who stopped learning at the top of their game to teach others.
I'm simply testing and sharing what works with podcasters. Period.
Will I ever stop testing? No.
Will I ever stop sharing? Nope.
You can count on me to not go GURU on you.
What the heck do I call myself?
DM me @poddecks
Go to Facebook.com/groups/poddecks to join the Podcast Builder Club!
Download the Pod Decks App for 2000 unique conversation-starting questions on your phone!
Episode 17 · 1 month ago
Growing your podcast audience can take time and it’s tricky to know what causes your downloads to skyrocket or stay at the same number. Thankfully, Travis has 5 easy ways to test your show to get the growth you want!
In this episode, Travis shares the 5 Things to Test on Your Podcast:
- Length of Show: Ask your audience what they prefer
- Format of Show: Experiment changing from solocast to interviews or vice versa
- Posts on Social Media: Try out audiograms, videos, ear nuggets, behind the scenes pics
- Titles: Use questions, juicy hooks, and phrases that’ll make your audience click your title
- Video: Incorporate video in your podcast so your audience can consume your podcast in different ways
- “We want to constantly be optimizing but don’t test everything all at once.”
- “It’s super fun to know people want to know more about who’s behind the mic and not just how they can improve on the mic.”
Links to resources: