Episode 29 · 2 weeks ago
Painless Podcast Guest Matching feat. Alex Sanfilippo of Pod Match
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
One of the tricky parts of podcasting is finding the right guest to bring onto your show. Booking Agents have been a great way to do this, but they’re often too expensive for most podcasters to afford. Today’s guest, podcaster Alex Sanfilippo, saw this problem happening for many podcasters and came up with a solution to help connect people more easily. His service Podmatch uses AI to match you with your best interview guests!
In this episode, Alex and Travis talk about:
- How Podmatch works for you to give you painless interview matching and additionally helps to build community amongst podcasters through resources and events.
- How to step away from a competitive mindset and embrace the power of connection, especially through networking.
- Awesome book recommendations (see resource links below!).
- The best ways to pitch potential guests and mistakes people often make when trying to get a guest.
- Podcast interview etiquette, such as setting expectations and how to make your guests comfortable on your show.
“Podmatch is an AI-driven program. It’s going to match you to your most ideal guest or most ideal host. It takes all of the guesswork out of it.”
“Alone we can do so little, but together we can do so much” -Helen Keller
Links to Resources
In-Stream Audio SearchNEW
Search across all episodes within this podcast
Episode 3 · 6 months ago
If you’re confused about what to do with your podcast show notes, I’m gonna show you my super easy show notes framework, how to transcribe them for free, and where you can get the coolest new tool for podcasters called Pod Decks.
In this episode, I share:
- How podcasters can write show notes easily
- Why podcasters shouldn’t spend too much time on show notes
- How to transcribe your show (super easy) for Free
- How to have deeper conversations in your podcast interviews
- My review of the hottest new tool for podcasters: Pod Decks
Pod Decks - Unique interview questions
Otter.ai - Free Transcription Service
Get your very own Pod Decks episode deck for Free at free.poddecks.com and never run out of podcast episode ideas again!
Episode 2 · 7 months ago
So I want to talk to you about the most unhealthy relationship you have as a podcaster, and how to fix that relationship. Let's go. This is podcast there. I want to let you know that the most unhealthy relationship that you have your podcast, is it with your co host, it isn't with your audience.
It's your obsession with your podcast downloads.
It is this toxic relationship you have with an arbitrary number that doesn't represent you as a podcaster it doesn't represent how good your content is it doesn't represent how fast you're growing, and it doesn't represent, whether you should continue podcasting, or not.
Here’s three ways to use your stats for good and not evil (I know you’re gonna look)
- Set a date and stick to it- I check once a quarter and prep myself mentally to not be disappointed or too excited.
- Get a stats buddy. Someone who can look for you and give you a thumbs up or down. There’s no real reason to become a mathematician unless you are 1000% ready to sell advertising or brag.
- Only use the stats to make better content. You’ll quickly see what episodes are performing and which aren’t. Make more similar to what’s getting downloaded!
Okay, so those are the three ways that you can have more of a healthy interaction with your podcast downloads. I just say stop looking make the podcast make the art that you want to listen to. And you will slowly grow your audience. It doesn't matter if you have 50 or 500,000 as long as you are continuing to put out good content. If it makes you happy and you have other goals in your business, other goals in your life, and what your podcast is going to do, you'll have so much more fun.
So I just wanted to tell you that you're the number of downloads that you get per episode, it means nothing. It means nothing to me, it doesn't define who you are as a podcaster. So get out there, make some awesome episodes, put the art out in the world that you want to see, and I'll see you in the next steps.
Hey, have you ever missed a podcast episode because your guest canceled or you're feeling uninspired. Well don't worry it happens to everyone now podcasts are super easy to start, but it's really hard to remain consistent, but I've got good news for you I have something totally free for you to never miss a podcast episode again. They're called pod decks now this is the episode deck, it has 50 unique episodes starting podcasting prompts on it. So all you have to do is pull a card and start podcasting spontaneously. So if you've ever had a guest cancel. If you've ever been uninspired or just don't know what to podcast about next. This is a great tool for your podcasting toolbox. Now the best news is I have a limited quantity that I'm giving away for free. All I ask is that you pay for shipping so go to free.poddecks.com to claim your very own episode deck. You will never miss releasing another podcast episode again.